More Showing Suggestions

Planned Showings and Suggestions for Showings

More Showing Suggestions

Postby jason_hirata » 2008年 Dec月 08日 18時03分

Hey everyone ( who actually looks at the forums ),

I've been thinking about ways to "re-energize" our viewing experience of new shows, at least to sort of make it more fun.

1) Movies - there's a lot of interesting anime movies out there (multiple Lupin movies, Satoshi Kon Films, Mamoru Oshii, short OVAs by Yoshiaki Kawajiri ); the current schedule makes it impossible to view these sorts unless we re-organize; I would suggest we maybe, once a month, on Fridays, watch a movie as opposed to some 20 minute show ( let's be honest; you really can't get a good handle on a 20 some odd episode show with just the first show, forget even trying to get a handle on a 52 episode show )

2) RAWS or no-subtitles - it'd be a pretty interesting exercise to watch a show that no one has seen untranslated. We can start with pretty simple stuff ( I really doubt a show like Hokuto no Ken really needs a super understanding of everything that's being said; Kenshiro punches guy, he blows up, the end). I don't suggest something like Ghost in the Shell, which is just full of technical items; something simple to start with unless we have some really awesome translators in the room with us. It's just to keep things fun. There's also shows that never have been translated ( we find RAWS, or watch dvds without subtitles ).

Of course, a lot of this will require some serious foresight and planning, especially the second suggestion. The first one is probably a lot more feasible, however. A slightly modified schedule:

as a scheduling example:

1 - 24,26 episode series
1 - 13 episode series
4 movies

This way we can squeeze a more rounded experience into into the club.
jason_hirata
Brawler
Brawler

Return to Showings